Thursday, October 2, 2008

Scheduling

Oh the joys of scheduling! Now that we've hit week 5, we're taking a stab at developing a schedule that's conducive for Caedmon's large appetite and mom & dad's sanity. Today is day 4 of our schedule and like everything else, we've had our ups and downs. Monday was very rough -- full blown screams at naptime and the feeling like things would never get better. Monday night rolled around and it seemed as though things were on the ups when Caed slept 4.5 straight hours and we were able to begin a nice routine the next morning. And then Tuesday prooved to be pretty good. Naptime in the crib was still painful, but Caed was an overall happy baby during the day. But once bedtime hit again, sleep for all of us was non-existent, so when Wednesday rolled around, I opted out of the schedule for a few hours in the morning so that Caed and I could catch up on our sleep and that made the day much more enjoyable. However, by 11:30pm -- Caed's last hoorah for the day -- I could barely keep my eyes open. (We did go to Community Group and maybe the extra socialization wore me out -- but I was exhausted and used every last bit of energy to stay awake.) But now that Wednesday has passed and Thursday is here, I think we're slowly getting the hang of this, Caed is just not very predictable yet, so I imagine that only time will tell now.

No comments: