Friday, August 7, 2009

Coldplay Concert Raleigh

I was waiting for this for almost a year (and at the time I didn't even know they'd be coming to Raleigh) ... yep, it was the Coldplay concert last night ... what a great show! I definitely have a place in my heart for Coldplay, especially since almost a year ago, little Caed entered this world to the tunes of Viva La Vida streaming from our iPod setup in our labor & delivery room ... and to kick off his birthday month, we got to go see them in concert, how cool!

Caed stayed at GG's last night, so unfortunately he didn't get the chance to experience Coldplay first hand, but it sounds like he had a fun evening just the same hang'n with GG, Champ and Tucker. He even ended up having his first slumber party ... what more could an 11-month-old want? Brad and I had planned to pick him up after the concert and just transport our sleeping baby from GG's back home. But when the concert traffic didn't allow us to get home until after midnight, we decided to let Caed just stay over, and it worked out great! (Except for the fact that he woke up at 6:30 am ... meaning that I had to drive over to bring his breakfast at 7:15 this morning and then take him home.) Oh well, all in all, I don't mind a bit ... this slumber party opened doors for many new possibilities and marked the 2nd successful night that I didn't have to nurse him to sleep ... he just drank his milk from his CamelBak and went to bed (well ... and with a little cuddling on the couch with GG and a few minutes of TV.)

But back to the concert ... we had a really great time. We went with Jason and Amy and then ran into Jumbo and Lisa, so the company was great, and we even got pretty good lawn seats (well, until we found out that the 2 people sitting in front of us were saving seats for 5 more people, all of which had lawn chairs to sit in ... but we ended up standing for the 2-hour Coldplay show any way, so it didn't really matter.)
I haven't been to too many concerts in my life, but I think this one has been my favorite so far. The music was obviously great,Chris Martin is a great entertainer, and the videography and lighting effects were really neat. Plus, we even got a free CD, Left Right Left Right Left. It's a great compilation of the songs they're singing on this tour.

Here's some of the footage:














A Sneak Peek of Viva La Vida (my camera isn't working correctly these days, so I couldn't zoom ... just enjoy the music (and the girls singing next to us):



A Sneak Peek of Lost:



A Snippet of Billy Jean Cover (they actually played at a remote stage half way up the lawn for this one and a few other numbers ... very cool):

No comments: