Here are a few updates:
Work: As of late October, Brad and I have decided that I will not be going back to work. This was a tough decision for me, but with much prayer and counsel, we decided that this was the best decision for us and one that God has affirmed in many ways. I have been at home now since Caedmon was born and I can say that I'm starting to get into a nice routine. It definitely helps that Caed is napping better these days, and I now have time to cook again, do routine laundry, read (who would have thought), and have some time for myself. When Caed is awake though, he is really such a joy. He's "talking" these days, cuing of course, giving big, bright smiles, waving his arms and legs (we would like to argue that he knows how to wave, but we know deep down that he's not quite there), and generally being a very happy baby! So, even though I don't get to give Vintage21 40+ hours a week any more, God is showing me so much more about himself and this little boy that Brad and I have the joy of raising each day at home in my new office.
Beach Weekend: This past weekend, we went to the Ocean Isle Beach with our community group and we had a great time. This of course was Caedmon's first trip to the beach and although it wasn't
warm enough and Caed's not old enough yet to really "enjoy" the beach, it was pretty fun. The folks in our group took turns holding and feeding Caed and were all very amused by all the many faces he has to give. (Brad says that he gets that from me.) Brad and I took Caed down to the beach Saturday, but since it was so windy, we didn't stay down there long because Caedmon couldn't handle it. He did however do his "dog licking" reflex and that was quite amusing. So, instead of the beach, we walked down the Intercoastal and hung out on the dock for a bit. Brad and I enjoyed the view and the much calmer breeze, and Caed used this as an opportunity to catch a few winks in the Baby Boujorn. Later on that evening, we found a baby swing around the corner from the house we were staying in and swang Caed for a bit. I think he enjoyed it pretty well and even liked swinging with me in the Boujorn better. Hopefully this will begin his love for swings. In the past, he hasn't been too fond of them.
The Crib: As you may know, Brad has been working very hard on Caed's crib since well before he was born, and I am happy to announce that it's almost done. (It's not like we have had a whole lot of time in the past few months to make any progress.) Brad put it together in Caedmon's room to see how it all fits together and to get it ready for the finishing touches, and it looks great! In my excitement, I went ahead and put the bumper and sheets on it to see what it will all look like and ... yay, it looks soo neat. And while we wait for Brad to finish it up, Caedmon, and unfortunately Aslan, have been catching a few winks in it. The squirt bottle is now stationed right next to the crib so that we can stop Aslan from taking over the crib ... Caedmon likes it too much to share it with his cat.Caedmon's Hats:



No comments:
Post a Comment