Monday, April 13, 2009

Caed's First Easter

Easter weekend 2009 began with a surprise day off for Brad that gave us time to go over to Mom's new house, in Raleigh might I add :), and help her unpack, organize the kitchen and help her build the "Pooch Deck." Well, I shouldn't use the word "we" in all the activities above since Brad did all of the hard labor on the deck, as well as mount the tv above the fireplace, replace old light fixtures with new ones and install a fan. Did I leave anything out? I on the other hand just installed shelf liner in the kitchen. All activities are comparable, right? Not quite ... great work Brad!!!

Here's a video of Caedmon before we headed over to Mom's on Friday. He's sitting in his Pamper's box and having a great time hitting the flaps.

Then, on Saturday, we went downtown to participate in the first leg of Raleigh Easter, the Vintage21-sponsored Easter Egg Hunt, and it all started with Caedmon's orange balloon ... this was Caedmon's first experience with a balloon. What a simple form of entertainment.

He pulled the string, bounced it off his head and just gazed at it!









We also participated in the 0-2 egg hunt and Caedmon, Mason and Daniel enjoyed their spoils. (1 Egg and a couple of small packages of Lemon Heads ... (they didn't eat the Lemon Heads; they just sucked on the wrapper ... real germ-conscious, I know.)







Here are a few other pictures from the hunt:









On Sunday, we enjoyed the second leg of Raleigh Easter at church as we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus. Here's a glimpse of what the service was like: http://worship.vintage21.com/. I have never sang "Joy to the World" on Easter but what a perfect song of celebration to capture the "joy" of the day!

2 comments:

Paige Puckett said...

Nice entry. I totally missed or forgot the fact that your mom was moving to Raleigh. Lucky you! I wish my mom were closer.

Mama Goose said...

Wow, too cute!