My friend Erika had a great idea to go to the airport observation area today and let our boys watch the airplanes take off and land. It was a little chillier than we expected and the sun certainly didn't shine as bright as we had hoped, but we had a lot of fun ... and I'm sure the boys did too! We packed a lunch and enjoyed our morning/early afternoon with airplanes overhead and captivated little boys.
As soon as we arrived, Caed headed for the stairs of the observation deck, so that was our first stop. The wind was a bit brisk up there, but the boys got to see several planes take off and land right away. Caed has never been too interested in airplanes, but when face to face with them, he was quite intrigued. As each plane would begin to take off down the runway or come to a quick halt to land, he was pretty quick to stop what he was doing, look at the airplane and point. He does a good job at his beginning attempt to say airplane, and I'd like to give you an idea of what that sounds like, but putting it into letters right now would not due his attempt justice, so I'll just have to leave it at that .... Very cute, all the same! (Mason's word for airplane is pretty recognizable so hopefully Caed will catch on soon.)
The boys eventually made there way down the ramp and into the play area, where Mason immediately invited himself to play with another family's shovel and bucket set, and Caed attempted to climb the ladder to playground equipment that is much too advanced for him. Once he realized that he wasn't going to get too far with that attempt, he joined Mason in the sand and the boys carefully scooped sand into the bucket and actually played pretty nicely with the other little boys. They're growing up so quickly!
Our picnic lunch was pretty fun .... Mason ate in his stroller and Caed sat next to me on the picnic bench. For being one who enjoys walking around and eating, he did very well sitting next to me without a booster seat. (I just love it!) And we shared our lunch together ... thanks to Erika for making an extra sandwich for Caed! I made a complete lunch for both of us, in addition to the one that we were going to drop off for Brad, but Brad accidentally picked up our joint lunch instead of the one I made for him. We were left with 1 sandwich, a banana and a piece of pound cake. Brad on the other hand had his choice of a ham sandwich or PBJ cut up into 12 little pieces, a large bag of goldfish and thin slices of apple. But I guess that's better than the day that I had to give him Caed's lunch (intentionally) b/c we were out running errands and I realized that I forgot to make him lunch, so instead of heading back home to make him a lunch, I just dropped Caed's lunch off with him and put something different together for Caed later. (He was able to enjoy a PBJ, apple and alphabet cookies with his fellow staffers that day :).
No comments:
Post a Comment