After C's "photo shoot" in the morning, I decided that in honor of Cinco de Mayo, it would be fun for us to have a fun Mexican-style dinner. So, I busted out my Mexican cooking magazine and went directly to my rabbit-earred page in the middle -- sweet potato stuff aneheim peppers ... yum! I added all the ingredients to my grocery list, but once I realized all that I had to do before dinner, I realized that the stuffed peppers weren't a realistic option ... so, I decided to get the majority of the ingredients for the peppers and make some type of quesadilla filling instead. If we wouldn't have had the scary threat of a tornado, dinner would have been ready on time, but it was still quite delicious. If I'm allowed to toot my own horn, these quesadillas were some of the best I've made ... sweet potato and black bean ones that is ... emmm. I feel that lately I'm becoming more comfortable mixing a variety of flavors together ... it makes my experimental cooking more fun and a whole lot more successful. That's at least my opinion, should you probably talk to Brad and see what he has to say about the matter :)
Welcome to our blog! We're glad you've stopped by. With a three-year-old and our little babe, there's always something new and exciting going on. We're excited to share our adventures, joys and blessings with you along the way. Enjoy the journey with us!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Happy Belated Cinco de Mayo!
In case you missed my Facebook update yesterday, here's a picture of Caedmon celebrating Cinco de Mayo.
As you can see, he has his trusty paci and cellphone in hand. I was actually trying to bribe him with the phone so he'd take his focus off the hat and let me keep it on his head long enough for a picture. Sadly, the long strings and weight of the hat were too much and it took me several shots to even get this photo :). (Notice his hand placed strategically under the side brim, ready for a quick jerk to take it off.)
After C's "photo shoot" in the morning, I decided that in honor of Cinco de Mayo, it would be fun for us to have a fun Mexican-style dinner. So, I busted out my Mexican cooking magazine and went directly to my rabbit-earred page in the middle -- sweet potato stuff aneheim peppers ... yum! I added all the ingredients to my grocery list, but once I realized all that I had to do before dinner, I realized that the stuffed peppers weren't a realistic option ... so, I decided to get the majority of the ingredients for the peppers and make some type of quesadilla filling instead. If we wouldn't have had the scary threat of a tornado, dinner would have been ready on time, but it was still quite delicious. If I'm allowed to toot my own horn, these quesadillas were some of the best I've made ... sweet potato and black bean ones that is ... emmm. I feel that lately I'm becoming more comfortable mixing a variety of flavors together ... it makes my experimental cooking more fun and a whole lot more successful. That's at least my opinion, should you probably talk to Brad and see what he has to say about the matter :)
After C's "photo shoot" in the morning, I decided that in honor of Cinco de Mayo, it would be fun for us to have a fun Mexican-style dinner. So, I busted out my Mexican cooking magazine and went directly to my rabbit-earred page in the middle -- sweet potato stuff aneheim peppers ... yum! I added all the ingredients to my grocery list, but once I realized all that I had to do before dinner, I realized that the stuffed peppers weren't a realistic option ... so, I decided to get the majority of the ingredients for the peppers and make some type of quesadilla filling instead. If we wouldn't have had the scary threat of a tornado, dinner would have been ready on time, but it was still quite delicious. If I'm allowed to toot my own horn, these quesadillas were some of the best I've made ... sweet potato and black bean ones that is ... emmm. I feel that lately I'm becoming more comfortable mixing a variety of flavors together ... it makes my experimental cooking more fun and a whole lot more successful. That's at least my opinion, should you probably talk to Brad and see what he has to say about the matter :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment