Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy 5 Months Caedmon!

Caedmon turned 5 months yesterday and I can't believe it! He's growing sooo fast! If everything goes as planned, he'll even have his first "solid" meal today at lunch. Yummy rice cereal! At 5 months, here are a few milestones that Caed has achieved:
  • Rolling Over: Rolling from his stomach to his back is pretty natural for him now. Stick him on his tummy for just a few minutes and woop, he's on his back ... 1, 2, 3. He's still really wiggly on his back. He pulls his knees to his chest and rolls to one side or the other, but there's still no continuous movement to his stomach. I'm sure the day will come soon enough. (video to come)

  • Increased Hand-Eye Coordination: Just starting this past week, Caed is getting more interested in grabbing for things at a distance. Like at the dinner table the other night; Caedmon was sitting in my lap and couldn't stop lunging for my napkin, then the fork, then the plate. I even gave him a french fry to hold yesterday at Zaxby's, but that ended up on the floor in no time. He's getting pretty good at reaching for his paci as well and pulling it toward his mouth. (Hopefully, this activity will turn into a saving grace for me when he decides to put it in his mouth in the middle of the night :).

  • Increased Mouth-Foot Coordination: Yes, I know this sounds a little strange, but for a 5-month old it's not. Caedmon stretches his feet up to his mouth now and sucks on his toes.
  • Shrieking & Other Sounds: Shrieking became one of C's favorite pasttimes in the crib a few weeks ago and thank goodness, other sounds have followed. I wasn't sure what was happening to him in his crib when I heard him shriek back in his room. I looked in the baby monitor and there he was laughing, smiling and shrieking ... instead of napping. In addition to shrieking, he's started to say deep "Ohh Ohh Ohh" sounds. It's so cute because he makes a distinct facial expression when he does it and his chin bunches up.
Here are some fun pictures we took yesterday to document his 5-month mark:

No comments: