We made the leap into "solid" foods on Monday and it was quite a hit. Caedmon was interested from the very start because he got to wear his cool, blue plastic bib. (That was the first thing in his mouth.) Then, once the airplane of goodness came toward his mouth and between his lips, he quickly got the hang of it. Rice cereal was all over his lips, nose, and chin. Maybe I should have given him smaller spoonfuls, and used a smaller spoon (the package said for 10+ months, but Caedmon is advanced, right?) Then, in came the fingers! Soon, rice cereal was dripping from between his fingers, onto his pants and down the Bumbo seat. (Glad I moved the placemats from the table!) But, for a 5-month-old, I think he did a pretty good job keeping himself relatively clean, and he finished the entire bowl ... only 8 teaspoons worth :)
We're going to maintain this meal of rice cereal once a day for the next week and a half, and then, bearing he has no allergic reaction to rice, we'll move on to avocados ... I think. I'm excited! My plan is to begin making all of his baby food, so we'll see how that goes. (I just started reading "Super Baby Food" and it covers everything I'll need to know to make the food -- safety precautions, nutritional info, recipes, etc. -- so if I spend some good time in the book, hopefully I'll get the hang of it and become a super-baby-food-making-mama.
Video of Caed's First Meal to Come ....
Here is a picture from today's meal:
1 comment:
He is getting so big and what a cutie!! I make my own baby food and it is SO EASY. I hope the solid foods continue to go well... we are moving through our first veggies with Madeline right now! Fun Fun!!
Post a Comment